Wednesday, August 13, 2008

House Be Gone

I admit, I'm a little nervous about not having sold our house yet. I've tried a few things to help the process along. I've buried St. Joseph upside down in the yard and I've taking some Feng Shui tips and put them into action. I've also employed some Colombian rituals into the mix.

I picked my sister and her three friends up from the airport last week when they got back from Arizona (its a popular vacation site for my siblings and I in the off season). My sister's friend shared a couple of things they did upon the recommendation of a coworker who was from Columbia. Their house sold a week after doing it.

1) Place a red item in the foyer of the house you're trying to sell.
Check. I have a red vase on an occasional table.

2) Place something yellow in your kitchen.
Check, check. I put a yellow silk flower in my centerpiece on the kitchen table.

3). Write "SOLD" on a black polished rock (river rock), wrap it in red ribbon and place it on the right most corner of the house (right as you are looking out of the house). Before you place it outside, hold the rock and say "I'm ready for the house to sell"
Check, check and check. I even had Mike hold the rock and say it. Again, I don't think he was real impressed with me (see post about walking around the house with a candle).

I did that last Thursday and my week is quickly coming to an end here. Nuts.

This past week has been a busy one for our family. Our friends from school threw us a going away party on Saturday night. It was a great night for a BBQ and bonfire. We are forever indebted to Shelly and Kent for hosting such a great party. The families also gave us great gifts to remember our home state by. My favorite was a beautiful framed picture of the Minneapolis skyline at dusk. Sydney received a stationary set from her friends so she can write letters to them when we move. I believe the art of sitting down to write a note or letter has gone by the wayside in lieu of emails and blogs. This gift will be an opportunity for Sydney to learn an old fashioned form of communication.



On Sunday we had Camille's 3rd Birthday parties. We had a little party for her and her friends at the community center pool. It was a beautiful day for a pool party. After that party we quick went home and got ready for our families and Camille's Godparents to come over for a BBQ. I was hoping that by actually planning an event at our house that would almost guarantee a showing. No such luck. Nuts again.




Last night I had dinner with my dear circle of girlfriends (minus 1). All of which I will miss terribly when I move. We went to one of my favorite restaurants in town, Salut. It occurred to me as Heather, Melissa and I were cat calling (sorry about the window lock Heather) Amy, Devin and Anne as we were driving away that these days are numbered.

Change is inevitable and this is my first real lesson in what big change is all about.

No comments: