I fondly remember driving back from St. Olaf with my friend from high school (we had gone to check it out our senior year) thinking that I couldn't wait to be an adult. I couldn't wait to make up my own rules, to answer only to myself. Oh how wrong I was about being an adult.
It is easy to look back and feel a sadness towards the time I wished away. I wouldn't trade my life for anything, but I do sometimes wish I could go back to those days...where my biggest concern was getting back home before curfew.
The last month of my life has been filled with such a high level of stress. It doesn't have so much to do with the move, but more with the people that I love around me. I know I internalize other people's problems more than I should, but its what I do. It's also a big reason why I'd like to run screaming back to my high school days.
My dad had a biopsy about a month ago, and I was so consumed with that, it was nearly impossible for me to concentrate on anything else. We have friends that are struggling in relationships, friends that have lost jobs, lost parents....the list seems endless. Why do all of the bad things in life seem to pile up? Is it because people only share bad news? I've silently vowed to share more good news. Well, it was a silent promise until just now.
Now, for a little bit of good news. The girls are doing great. Sydney and Camille are both taking swimming lessons and loving them. Sydney is doing really well in her intensive ballet class (we think that we have found a good studio down in Overland Park). I just sent off the registration papers for Sydney's new school and Camille's new daycare. They are both really excited to start their new adventures.
My parents just celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary on Monday. That reminds me that I am yet again 34. Dang it.
And the best news of the day, Mike's last day of school was today. He is officially a college graduate with a BS in Computer Science. I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of him, and everything that he has accomplished while being a full time employee and married to me. ha!
If you chose to comment, I invite you to share some good news.
We Moved!!!
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment