"Do you own two homes yet?" This is a common question from a few of my soon-to-be-coworkers in Kansas City. I think it has become a bit of running joke in the last week.
I don't have any updates on the house we are trying to purchase. We are in this odd holding pattern while we work out a few of the ever so important minor details. I have really lived a sheltered life when it comes to buying a home. I've had the good fortune of having my Mom and Dad "just make it happen", so I actually feel a little bit clueless at 34 (this is the first time I have referred to myself as 34...I don't like it). My greatest anxiety comes from not knowing when we will sell the house we are in now. I'm trying not to waste a ton of energy on something I can't control.
A wise man once said "Money just has a way of working itself out", and largely, I believe that to be true.
I've enlisted some people to help us sell the house. Because I am one of faith, I decided to put a statue of St. Joseph in the ground. I have another statue tucked in a corner of the house and I have another statue ready to go. I have also consulted my step-mother-in-law (SMIL) for some Feng Shui tips. I've walked through the house with a candle and will have Mike do the same in the upcoming week. He doesn't know it yet. I'll let you know how he takes the news.
I fancy myself a clean person. Maybe I'm too uptight about always making sure things are "just so" before I leave. But recently, I don't feel so clean. There are these little ants that have taken over a small area of my kitchen, by the back door. I know they are just stupid little sweet ants, but they are really starting to get the best of me. Tonight I found myself on the floor with a container of wood putty filling in whatever little crack and crevice I could find on the garden door. I could see the little bastards scurrying about, trying to figure out how to march their little piece of dried bread they collected from the rug underneath Camille's chair (I know, I know...I should vacuum more) back to the Queen.
Mike and I had brunch with my old boss and his wife and my parents when we were in Overland Park looking for a house at the end of May. Terri (the boss's wife) told me that Minnesota has nothing on the bugs I'll see when I move to Kansas. I almost lost my appetite (and I was in the middle of a really good piece of bread pudding, so that says a lot). Maybe I'll be wishing for the little sweet ants come this time next year.
We Moved!!!
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment