It was in our new seats that Mike noticed that the field wasn't grass. It was AstroTurf! These people take their high school football seriously. The marching band was there in full uniform too. The cheerleaders spend an entire week making the banner the football team breaks as they run out on the field, the fans stand the entire game. I was so amazed at the AstroTurf that I texted Jane. She told me that we had nothing on Texas high school football. By a quarter to 7 the stands were packed.
We left right before half time when Sydney was done....I don't think either kid had it in them to watch the whole game.
In an hour or so, Ron and Marilyn will be arriving for the weekend. They are going to take the girls to a hotel tonight and Mike and I are going to head to the Plaza with our friends, Pedro and Susan. I think we are going to try and get a table at re-Verse.
This past week I attended my first big BBQ function at Kemper Arena with my colleagues. We were there the Thursday night before the American Royal kick-off. I'm told it's the largest BBQ competition in the nation, but Pedro said that's only because they let anyone with a Weber enter. We had beef tenderloin and enough wine to sink a ship. The tenderloin was indescribable it was so good.
It's going to be 80 today so we are most likely going to take Ron and Marilyn to the Steamboat museum and then on a small driving tour of the area (steering clear of a road named Prospect since that seems to be the scene of murders every morning on the news).
No comments:
Post a Comment