Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pepe Le Pew

Every now and again I hit a brick wall with my weight. I have this proverbial 15 lbs that I have been trying to lose since I had Camille...which sadly was over three years ago. So here I am again at my wall. In lieu of parking myself in front of the computer to pay bills, manage checking accounts, work or catch up on emails (and who am I kidding, FACEBOOK) I've decided to start working out.

It is nice in the evenings so I've been going for walks after the girls go to bed. I was out on Sunday night after getting home from a wine/beer weekend with the McComas' trying to reverse the weekend damage. I am trucking along to my iPod with one eye over my shoulder since it is dark when I head out (you never know who is lurking in Suburbia). I am rounding the corner when out of a shrub jumps a skunk. Yes, a mutha effing skunk. I felt that panic that I imagine the people "feel" in horror movies when they are faced with certain death.

My mind immediately races back to living with my college roommate Anna, who had that stupid dog. Emily, Jenna, Angie and I were getting ready to go to a study group (aka keg party) when we let Monster (dumb dog with a well suited name) out. Anna was of course MIA as usual. Wouldn't it just figure, that in the middle of Duluth that stupid dog found a skunk. Monster was sprayed and I drew the short straw as the person that had to stay home and deal with it.

Back to present day. Pepe and I are locked in a stare...he sees me and takes a defensive stance. I am unarmed. I have only my iPod and my cell phone...neither of which I risk smelling like skunk so I take off running in the other direction...running people. It wasn't pretty. If any of my neighbors saw me, it probably just confirmed to them that the lady from Minneapolis with the stay-at-home-husband and all of the Halloween decorations really is crazy.

I pass a neighborhood cat on my way and hear it meet the skunk. I don't think things went well for the cat. I wonder if the skunk tried to seduce the cat like Pepe did in the cartoons.

Needless to say, I'm changing my walking route and filling my pockets with rocks before I leave.

I have to share this link with you: http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/ It is one of my favorite computer passtimes lately. Mike and I just giggle everytime we check this lady's blog.

No comments: