I'm back. I quick swept the wood floor sea that is the main floor of my house. I have a love/hate relationship with my wood floor. I am sweeping/swifering at least once a day. But enough about that.
We hosted Thanksgiving at your house this year. My parents, Mike's parents and step-parents as well as our brothers, Jessica and Hayden all came down. My coworker, Rebekah and her husband Nick also joined us. Nick works retail and its nearly impossible for him to get black Friday off so they can go home to Arkansas.
I brined the turkey again this year, and I really think that is the best way to do a turkey. My mom brought down two ducks and they were so tasty. After lunch we took the kids on a long bike ride/walk in the 60 degree weather. It was such a beautiful day.
I had to work on Friday since the markets were open...but I left promptly at the stroke of 12 when the market closed. We took everyone out for a KC BBQ lunch at Oklahoma Joe's. It is, in my inexperienced opinion, some of the best BBQ in town. We then took everyone to the Plaza to see the Christmas lights (see Christmas card that is in the mail).
The minute the last guests left on Sunday we were out the door to get a Christmas tree. Without realizing what I had done, I picked a date to host Bunco that was one week after Thanksgiving. When I picked the date, I thought it was two weeks after. Whoops. After getting the tree the girls and I started on the inside and Mike started hanging lights outside. Our neighbors have nicked named him Griswold because of his ambitious lighting display. He did a beautiful job.
I spent every night of that week either kickboxing, cleaning or cooking. I'm trying like hell to battle the 5 lbs I've gained since we moved here. I used to walk nearly everyday at lunchtime. I don't do that anymore and I can tell. Ick. I don't think the beers while tailgating or the wine consumption during Bunco has helped either.
Thursday arrived and it was finally the day of the Bunco party. These are all girls that I work with and they are so fun. There were 18 of us playing and by the third round the booze was settling in and we were having a good time. Sydney and Camille had a great time roaming around and getting caught up in the excitement of people yelling "BUNCO". The party wound down around 10:30 for all but I few of us who decided to head to the bar. The alarm going off at 6:00 am really hurt.
Last night we took the kids to Overland Park Arboretum for a candle lit Christmas light walk. It was really beautiful although a little chilly by my new standards. The girls were able to tell Santa what they both really wanted for Christmas.
Today, Mike and I are headed out to do some Christmas shopping. After that, I'm going to a NCAA Big 12 playoff game of some sort. I'm still wrapping my head around college football...standings...rivalries...who we should like, who we shouldn't. Are the Sooners at OSU or OU? There are just so many of these stinking teams to keep it all straight. And Shannon, I'm kidding. I know the Cowboys are OSU.
No comments:
Post a Comment