In just one short week we will have been here four months. It really hasn't felt like it has been that long (others may disagree). Maybe it is because we have had a steady stream of friends and family come to visit since our move. I believe that steady stream has made our transition a little easier.
We just said good bye to Russ and Melissa. They came down here so Melissa and I could continue our yearly tradition of Christmas shopping together. For anyone who has been here, I of course took her straight to the Plaza. This weekend has been bitter cold. I think that I have already become thin blooded.
A couple of weeks ago I went to the MU vs. OU stomp fest which some called a football game. The most exciting thing that happened at the game is when the Sooner Schooner broke. As a person who is indifferent to either team I spent most of my night focusing on hold cold I was. Like any other game with my coworkers, we started off tailgating, and as usual, the food was outstanding.
Comments throughout the evening were thrown at me about how cold it was, but how it still must be shorts weather for me. Let me tell you, that at 23 degrees with a sustained wind of 20 mph, it isn't shorts weather for anyone. I had to keep reminding people that yes, I did live in Minnesota my entire life, but we know when to come in out of the cold. I am sure there are a number of die hard outdoor football people in Minnesota that will scoff, but I like to watch football in a dome. It is a nice temperate climate where you can take your coat off and enjoy a beer or two without freezing your ass off.
As with every other Christmas that has passed, I feel rushed. I feel like I haven't had a minute to just sit and look at the Christmas tree my kids took such pains to decorate. My rushed feeling is probably my own fault. We have had a pretty busy couple of weeks.
I was in St. Louis for a work convention, came home and took Sydney to a Cheetah Girls concert with her friend Elle, and her mom. We followed the concert up by attending my work Christmas party. Our entertainment for the evening was Disco Dick and the Mirror Balls. Think Dee Snider in metallic silver pants with a wind machine. Throw in some Christmas shopping, dance lessons for both girls, school parties and a few dinner engagements and here we are at the 21st of December.
My day today is going to be filled with packing and organzing as we get ready to head home for the holidays. We are very excited to see all of our friends and family. We're also excited to spend more than just a hurried weekend in the Cities.
My children never cease to amaze me with what they process and understand. Sydney had been invited to a birthday party and we were on our way home when she said:
"Mommy, tell your boss thank you for me."
"Why, Sydney?"
"Because Kansas is a wonderful place, and I like it here."
Despite their inability to remove 3" of snow effectively, Kansas is a wonderful place, and I'm glad we moved here too. Just don't tell my boss.
We Moved!!!
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment