And through a blizzard to Grandmother's house we go.
Our journey home began last night at 4:45. We were at a dead stop north of Kansas City on I35 due to an accident for nearly an hour. As soon as we passed the accident the snow started. Just south of the Iowa border we were unable to see more than two car lengths in front of us.
The slow travel lasted until we got to Des Moines. North of there, we were able to kick it up to 70 and get going. We finally arrived at my parents place around 2 am. The kids did a really good job for as long as we were in the car. As we were passing Farmington, I thought to call Missy and Jesse and end our drive for the night...but I didn't want to send Missy into an early labor with a 1 am wake-up call.
Thanks to all of those who kept me entertained with text messages and Facebook notes. Whoever thought to make Facebook an application on a Blackberry is a genius. After the kids fell asleep we flipped on the XM dirty comedy channel. They played a clip from Eddie Murphy's "Delirious" which reminded me that I need to find a copy of that DVD.
We are in here in Minneapolis now for close two weeks. We're looking forward to spending time with our family and friends. I just became a hero in my eldest daughter's eyes because I put the finishing touches on a bowling/slumber party with her friends from St. Al's for next week.
Mike and I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a bright and prosperous New Year. Your love and support over the last year has been more than we could have ever asked for.
We Moved!!!
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment