Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lucky #7

I have spent the last month hiding under my desk at work. It isn't that I have done anything wrong, but like with every other industry we are watching our receivables more closely than we ever have. I'm getting to know each of the dairies on a personal level so I can get a feel for their business...because if they start going under, I'll probably follow.

There isn't much to be cheerful of in this economy besides gas under $2, but I don't half wonder if the media machine isn't doing their part to instill more fear than necessary.

We hired an awesome babysitter we discovered through my coworker last night and headed down to the Power and Light district in downtown KC (think Mississippi Live, but open air). We met some friends at Lucky Strike (bowling alley). Thankfully around 10:30 the go-go dancers took to their speaker boxes for some prime entertainment. I think it takes a large amount of self esteem to hop up there and dance in a skirt that does little to cover your rear in a room full of women who have been drinking and are ready to shred you like junk mail.

In my attempt to lose weight I have switched to Mich Ultra. I didn't think it was all that bad until Mike told me this morning there is more alcohol in Tirimisu than there is in my new beer of choice. Damn it.

Since I brought up weight loss I am back on the Weight Watcher's train. No real surprise, since it has been an addiction for the last 7 years. I've added kickboxing in to the mix as my form of pain, I mean exercise. I go two times a week with a friend from work. Usually by the end of the night I'm crawling for my car. If a man ever shows up in class the instructor kicks it up a couple of notches to make him suffer and than the rest of us get to suffer more. I don't recall a single male participant who has been able to make it through the whole first class without having to sit down. The last two who tried literally spent 30 of the 60 minutes on the bench. The little 4 year old girl who came to class with her mom spent more time kicking an empty bag than those skeezers.

Today is going to be spent preparing for Sydney's birthday party next week at Emerald City Gymnastics. Syd has picked The Wizard of Oz has her birthday theme (go figure). We had a small amount of planning to do this year as there are 3 little girls in the same class who have their birthdays within 4 days of each other and they are all friends. Last night was a slumber party and today a Lifetime fitness party.

Little Camille. This child is the funniest little kid I have ever met. She had a whole group of people laughing as we boarded the plane to Chicago last week. Jenn and I were pretty sure that Camille and Nick were going to end up ringing each other's necks, but they ended up getting along really well.

Camille is doing a really good job with potty training. If I learned anything the first time around with Sydney, I learned to be a lot more patient and have a lot lower expectations in the beginning. We are down to pull-ups at nap time and bedtime.

The Wallicks have a busy day of errand running. Mike and I are going to try our hand at Carolina Pulled Pork for the game tomorrow and we have to find an Italian Deli/Grocer and see if they have Lupini beans (Krista, I know you'd love them).

No comments: