"Mommy, sit down I want to tell you a story."
Camille is the master of bedtime stalling. Her technique is almost an art form. It started off as a simple request for a drink of water. As she was potty training she would use the toilet as another tactic. How could we say no to her wanting to use the potty? In the last month we've moved up the ladder to creative story telling.
I sat down on the bed and waited for her to spin a fantastic tale about a princess who makes cookies while jumping in rain puddles wearing the colorful sandals we just bought at Target last week.
"Once upon a time there was a little girl named Camille and there was a Daddy. And they were walking down the stairs. The Daddy had a laundry basket and kicked me down the stairs".
I had to stifle a giggle as I heard Mike groan by the door.
"Camille, I didn't kick you down the stairs" Mike firmly tells her (again).
"And Mommy, it really hurt me". It's dark in her room, but I can see she is sticking out her lower lip.
The real story goes a little more like this: Mike was attempting to bring the laundry basket down one afternoon. Camille noticed him heading down the stairs and in her standard form went running in front of him. She absolutely has to be the first one down the stairs. So she darts in front of Mike and stops.
Mike tested Newton's 3rd law on her, and she finished the flight of stairs on her butt. She is really lucky that Mike was able to hold his balance and didn't end up on top of her under a heap of dirty towels.
Our children are not short on imagination.
We Moved!!!
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment